Saturday, February 7, 2009

Still dosen't get it !!!

you know my dad still dosen't get that i am in chronic pain all the time i could be layen down because i am hurting and he still asked me to get up and do crap . I ask why can't you do it and i will get ( because i am asken you to do it ) or ( i hurt) Give me a break !! i know normale people hurt too but this pain is nothing like the pain i have to deal with day in and day out .

Yes i do things not because i wanted to but because i have to i have to pull myself out of bed every moring and go to doctor's , shoppen and other stuff even if i am hurting like hell and still no one get's it . I am on 4 things for pain one is for neavr pain and one is for muscle pain and then there is some thing for my head achs and then my pain pain.


So when you say you hurt and think i am going to feel sorry for you , GEUSS AGIAN !! Your pain goes away Mine DOSEN'T !!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh boy do I have experience with this. My dad and I had a rough relationship a few years ago because he didn't seem to get it and acted like I would get better. But he is very understanding now. Here is some of what I did. I talked to mom about it and expressed just how frustrating it was and how it hurt me. She told me it had alot to do with his upbringing but also it is the way men tend to deal with their children being sick/disabled/deformed. That they tend to see it as a failure to protect the child, that its their fault that their child is sick, and/or they torture themselves for not being able to help. So they try too treat the child normally to cope with their guilt and keep their hopes of their child having a fulfilling happy life. Next to accepting and coping with our illness, accepting the pain our loved ones feel in not being able to help is almost as difficult. Try sitting down with you parents and: make sure they understand your health problems and the difficulties you face, let them no that you understand the pain and difficulties they face seeing you sick and in pain, that you know what you can't/shouldn't do and would really appreciate more support in your need for rest and not doing some things. Invite them to sit in on your doctor appointments if they don't already. Maybe point them to a support group for caregivers/parents. You'd be surprised how much emotion and/or misunderstanding of your health and capabilities they are holding in. It will take time but I'm sure if you get your mom in on it and all of you have a good disscussion that it'll get better